Operations / Business Administration
Locations: Flexible (London or nairobi preferred)
Keepsite is looking for a reliable and competent person to help us with all aspects of running our business.
Who are you?
You will be someone interested in figuring out how to run a successful business, or more specifically, you'll be passionate about working in an early stage startup environment and to working incredibly hard to create a strong, robust, and high-growth business. You will work across all aspects of business operations from book-keeping, HR, recording and reporting, through strategic aspects, including strategy development, go to market planning and execution, and financial modelling. This is a jack-of-all trades role and it will be intense. As we grow, we'll hire others around you, and your early work will be baked in to our organisational DNA.
In terms of your personality, you default to extreme helpfulness. Your job is to alleviate roadblocks and backstop everyone such that the rest of the team can focus on their core responsibilities. You anticipate problems and friction points and remove them. You ensure we're implementing our processes and reporting against key metrics, and you ensure we're compliant with rules and regulations in the geographies in which we operate.
That all said, we're too early stage for a seasoned executive. You may have just a few years experience, perhaps for one of the big accounting firms, and are looking for a real opportunity to make your mark on the world. You'll be looking to jump ship and join in with the trials and tribulations that come with an early stage tech startup where you can help shape and determine our mutual success. Alternatively, you may be a very experienced person looking to turn your hand in a startup environment, part- or full-time.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent organisational skills, detail-oriented, initiative, excellent at problem solving / problem reducing, a team player, ability to work across diverse tasks on any given day and prioritise workload, especially when under time pressure, with proven project coordination experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills who feels comfortable working across all levels and cultures
- You will be equally comfortable and effective working in an office environment or virtually. You may have experience coordinating a geographically dispersed (remote) team
- You will have at least two years of experience, have a background in management, administration or accounting and be interested in working in a startup environment.
- You will have a strong personal or professional interest in Keepsite's activities
- You do not look for shortcuts. You demand of yourself and others that work be complete to the highest standard, on time. This is absolutely essential and baked in to who you are
- You must have initiative, be proactive, have a sense of urgency and drive and work well with minimal supervision. You are incredibly, surprisingly helpful
- You have a high level of personal integrity, trustworthiness and are able to handle confidential information with discretion. You have an exceptional work ethic and are able to manage high intensity work with your own personal commitments and social life
- Fluent in written and spoken English, additional languages would be a plus
Our office is largely virtual, with our CEO based between London and Nairobi, our CPO in London, and our CTO in Wellington, New Zealand. The position can be based anywhere there is good (at least 4 hours per day) overlap with London, UK, and Nairobi, Kenya, time.
If you have the skills and motivation, applicants from diverse backgrounds and different career stages (from very early to very late) are encouraged to apply. The role can be part- or full-time, and will be tailored to suit the right person.
To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter describing why you're the right person for the role, to email@example.com or alternatively apply via Angel List. All candidates will be contacted to inform them of the status of their application.