Keepsite is making its integrated project and enterprise risk management system available to everyone for the first time.
Helping the UN manage project, portfolio, and strategic risk in some of the most challenging operating contexts on the planet, Keepsite has evolved into a powerful and collaborative risk management system that helps project-based businesses:
- Manage risk in a consistent, structured manner across an organisation
- Improve project and overall organisational governance
- Bring together project stakeholders to manage risk collaboratively across the supply chain
- Efficiently communicate and report risk in a timely manner
- Keep stakeholders informed and give them the ability to contribute and act on risk information with manual and automated tasks (for example, that prompt the timely review and management of risks in accordance with the risk strategy).
- Connect and integrate information across types, sources, systems, and operational units so that risk information is enriched and contextualised, aggregated and made permanently available for easy access to institutional knowledge. This feature highlights Keepsite’s unique intelligence as a tool..
Managing risk well is a fundamental aspect of building and sustaining a great organisation. It enables a firm to make timely, informed decisions, and is a key enabler of organisational agility. Faced with dynamic changes on a project or multiple projects across a portfolio, access to real time risk insights provides decision makers with the information they need to prioritise, take decisive action, and reallocate resources to deal with emerging problems or live issues.
A modern and proven approach to risk management that makes it simple (and smart).
Working with teams in complex project environments, two pervasive problems Keepsite came across were:
- Existing methods of risk management often excluded most of the project team, with risk being seen as the domain of specialists. As a result, the broader workforce, who are ideally placed to identify and raise risks and issues early, are excluded from the system, meaning risk is overlooked or addressed too late.
- Where risk management has engaged the broader workforce, information is largely collected and managed on spreadsheets. This has limited the use of risk information and placed a heavy administrative burden on the workforce.
Keepsite is intended to complement advanced risk modelling applications where a project requires them and to replace spreadsheets.
To improve organisations and enable productivity gains new ways of managing risk are needed. These approaches will have to be collaborative and inclusive of the broader workforce and must allow for the accumulation of risk related knowledge over time, if risk management is going to be truly valuable for decision making.
A modern risk management system must be smart, enabling knowledge accumulation over time. Not only that, it must enable knowledge to be deployed quickly to where it can be useful. Managing projects individually and in silos misses an opportunity to both capture and deploy knowledge across an organisation and as a result prevents risks from being identified and dealt with in a timely manner.
A modern risk management system that captures information and creates knowledge over time, from project to project, will create a data asset that the best companies can utilise to achieve superior project performance and, ultimately, a sustainable competitive advantage.